5 Top Stories of 2019 | The Mark Harrington Show
What Does “Auld Lang Syne” Mean?
Every year, around the world, people bring in the New Year with a rendition of “Auld Lang Syne.” This Scottish song has long been attributed to Scotland’s most famous poet, Robert Burns (1759–1796).
Literally, “auld lang syne” means literally “old long since,” or essentially “for old time’s sake.” Burns penned the work in 1788, but it was not printed until after his death in 1796.
The phrase essentially calls for the preservation of our oldest, dearest friendships; perhaps observed in the reflective quality of New Year’s Eve itself. A time when people come together to recall past joys and sorrows, specifically those spent in each other’s company.
2 Corinthians 5:17 says, “Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here!
Out with the old. In th2019 was a crazy year! But 2020 is going to be even more bizarre.
Mark looks back at some of the biggest stories in 2019 and turns the page to 2020!
Here are a few high (and low) lights:
- New York’s Reproductive Health Act passed permitting abortions up until the very moment of birth.
- Passage of the Ohio Heartbeat Bill and the introduction of Life at Conception Act. Heartbeat LAWS have now passed in 9 states, six of which happened this year, including Ohio, where it all began.
- Conducted outreach at presidential debates in 5 cities and the lawsuit against the city of Detroit.
- Increase of free speech censorship on college campuses resulting in violent attacks against anti-abortion advocates
- Ohio abortions hit a 46-year low (Lowest since 1973) and has 7 surgical abortion mills down from 14 in 2013.
With the upcoming presidential elections, 2020 is going to be a big year. Buckle up!
Join us in the battle for life by supporting Created Equal financially. You can give at: https://www.createdequal.org/donate
You can watch The Mark Harrington Show on Mark’s Facebook, Twitter and YouTube accounts. Mark’s show is also broadcast over Salem radio stations every Saturday in Detroit (WLQV), Columbus (WRFD), and Cleveland (WHKW).
Facebook Personal – https://www.facebook.com/MarkCreatedEqual
Facebook Page – https://www.facebook.com/TheMarkHarringtonShow/
Youtube Channel – https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC2kM_Q0sgCk9iVWAg8HNSFQ
Twitter – https://twitter.com/mharringtonlive
Website – https://markharrington.org
Podbean – https://createdequal.podbean.com